Stand For Success
What is “Stand for Success”?
A comprehensive professional makeover for women veterans or family members of veterans. Each participant will have access to workshops designed to launch their professional careers.
We have partnered with Texas Tech university’s Career Center and the South Plains Workforce commission to develop workshops on resume building, professional networking, and personal brand management. Lubbock National Bank will give a presentation on best practices in financial management and investing. Additionally, representatives from Dillard’s will give a presentation on how to build a professional wardrobe by finding business outfits that fit their body type and style.
In the afternoon, stylists from Wade Gordon Academy and Dillards will treat our participants to a mini makeover to prepare them for a professional headshot with military veteran and photographer, Tif Holmes. Participants can sign up for appointments when they register, which are on first come, first serve basis.
WSTV Schedule of Events
- 0830: Color guard & opening ceremony
- 0845: Keynote address
- 0915- 1000: Breakout Information session #1/ Stand for Success
- 1030- 1115: Breakout Information session #2/ Stand for Success
- 1120-1245: Lunch provided by Lubbock National Bank
- 1250-1350: Breakout Information Session #3/ Stand for Success
- 1400-1600: Military Service Reunion
Stand for Success – Schedule of Events
- 0915-0930: Welcome, introductions, and itinerary
- 0930-1030: Resume workshop, career management, personal brand management
- 1030-1130: Professional networking, interview techniques, building a professional wardrobe
- 1130-1200: Financial literacy
- 1200-1430 Hair, makeup, and professional portrait appointments